Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Settling In

Getting "settled" is hard work but actually lots of fun. How do you take a 4 bedroom 2000 sq.ft. ranch home plus cabinet shop and music studio and move it into a 3 bedroom 1600 sq ft tri-level home? Well, it takes patience, creativity, and talent. It also helps to have a master carpenter/installer for a husband. Mike has set up wall to wall shelving in the garage and I am going through each and every box to repack and relabel. I guess it would have been smart to do that when we packed but time did not allow us to do so. It is interesting to open each box and knowing that there is not room for everything, choose the treasures that I want to be surrounded by in this house. I am choosing things that have some meaning to me. Many are gifts or things that I acquired when traveling. My main problem...too many framed treasures and not enough walls. I guess it is fair to say that ever since selling my frame shop, I have had this problem.

As we settle in, we certainly feel at home here and so do the pups.  You can see from the photo below that they love to watch the Idaho life go by.  Last week we had a flock of quails walking around our front lawn.  Everyday we are visited by squirrels and dragonflies. Nature abounds here in Idaho.

Life is simpler and I am learning how to relax.  Idaho time is a little like Hawaii time and very different from California time.  Here things get done when they get done. Less urgency equals less stress and
to me that is definitely a good thing.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment